[cma-l] Small Scale DAB

David Duffy david at theradiopeople.co.uk
Tue Mar 10 13:56:10 GMT 2015

Here's an update following our conversation with PRS last week. The full text is here www.localDAB.co.uk/prs but it looks like good news from one of the royalty organisations.

Music Royalties - localDAB

If you hold a current radio licence from PRS for Music, as a Community, Student or Hospital Station and you will be using the Small Scale DAB to simulcast your current output we shall cover the additional platform with a side letter. If this additional output will have a significant impact on your estimated Net Broadcasting Revenue for the current licence year (January 2015-December 2015) please let us know as we may need to adjust your licence fee.

Please note, this approach is offered on a trial basis and conditional upon the station holding a current radio licence from PRS for Music and simulcasting the output exactly. We shall not be charging an additional fee for you to simulcast your station on small scale DAB. However, if your NBR increases as a result of the simulcast, this may have an impact upon the licence fees.

Regards
David
www.localDAB.co.uk