[cma-l] DAB trials

Tony Bailey ravensound at pilgrimsound.co.uk
Tue Mar 10 10:25:58 GMT 2015

I'm not so sure about that analysis, after all, the report implied that
it was the SDR that was under-run at 5mW presumably because the output
daughterboard was intended for AM/FM modulation?  Also, it was common
IBA practice to run a several kilowatt bottle at a hundred watts or so,
the excess input power being necessary to ensure class A linear
operation.  The point being that the rf amp has to be linear, and it
isn't, you can't just turn it down a bit.

Tony Bailey

Local Reports at http://www.ravensound.pilgrimsound.co.uk