[cma-l] Small Scale DAB

Clive Glover clivegloveruk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 20:14:54 GMT 2015

David

Thank you. I realise I didn't perhaps explain my point very well. As part of the trial it is necessary to broadcast two services in a multiplex. If we created an additional service it would need its own  DSPS licence as well as our needing a DSPS licence for our existing FM service to be broadcast on DAB. So we would need two DSPS licenses plus two sets of copyright licenses.

So our thought - and question to OFCOM - was whether a time shifted version of our existing FM service would be considered as a different service or just as the same one so would not need a separate licence or copyright licenses.

The difference is cost is substantial!

Clive Glover

Sent from my iPad