[cma-l] Business of the House of Commons - 10:34 am, 11th June 2015

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Fri Jun 12 12:01:47 BST 2015

Amanda Milling (Cannock Chase) (Con): The Leader of the House recently
joined me on a visit to Cannock Radio <http://www.cannockradio.com/>, and I
am sure he agrees that it is a fantastic example of a small start-up
business that provides an invaluable service to the local community. May we
have a debate on the issuing of FM licences to local community radio
stations such as Cannock Radio?

Chris Grayling (Epsom & Ewell) (Con): I very much enjoyed my visit to
Cannock Radio, which I thought was a great example of a community radio
station that is starting to have a real impact locally. I understand my
hon. Friend’s point and know she will raise the matter with our right hon.
Friend the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, and perhaps
seek an opportunity for an end-of-day debate on the Floor of the House.

Hansard source:
http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201516/cmhansrd/cm150611/debtext/150611-0001.htm#150611-0001.htm_spnew148

\\

https://www.facebook.com/CommunityMediaAssociation