[cma-l] Funky SX and the Lille tranmitter

Canalside's The Thread office at thethread.org.uk
Thu Jul 30 11:22:55 BST 2015

Dear All

Don't know much about these things chaps, but would not a DIRECTIONAL
ANTENNA set back pointing in the direction of France push them back somewhat
?  or am I on fantasy island ?               over to Ian/Alex and Glyn on
that one. You could fire it straight up the channel tunnel    LOL

We have two Stations interfering with us slightly .....Chorley Cake FM (SAME
FREQUENCY 102.8   but hey, we're all in it together and I know we interfere
with them as well, so it's give and take on that one (we don't interfere
with each other in the core areas though)                 however    Real in
Wales coming out of Welshpool 102.8fm are all over us like a bad rash in
Kerridge . we know the reason why though. Our transmitter sits just behind
the Hill and high up on what we call 'ligetts'   and they would be
'line-of-sight' so they tickle away at us . on a bad day, they do come over
the top.

Listening to Gene Pitney mixed in with Jennifer Lopez doesn't quite work,
somehow I don't think it is going to catch on ??     funny though !   :-)

Pound 4 pound regardless of all my whingings on this matter . we don't do to
badly I suppose. I would imagine it is a nightmare though down in Essex and
Kent / London ..

By the way, who does the planning and mapping of all that Jazz down south ?
Brains from Thunderbirds !    it must be a nightmare.

Regards

Nick

  _____