[cma-l] Ofcom and Tomorrow

Ian Hickling transplanfm at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 1 11:09:20 BST 2015

I think it's a little foolhardy to expect that either H M  Government or the BBC itself will contemplate Community Radio completely taking over the position currently occupied by BBC Local Radio.The two can happily work together with BBC Local then taking a more umbrella approach with a reducing budget.
As we've said often - BBC Local serves towns and villages - Community Radio serves streets and houses.From a content and technical viewpoint they can co-exist.The important next step is to formulate individual content and audience responsibility targets - which will inevitably be individually different.I don't do "team" or "committee" - but I'm happy to contribute from a very close association with 20% of the CR market - and indeed a valuable link with the DCMS.
Ian Hickling
Partner

Office: 01635 578435  (7am-11pm UK time)Carphone: 07530 980115 (only responds when driving)6 Horn Street, Compton, NEWBURY, RG20 6QS