[cma-l] Climate Radio programmes available!

Two Lochs Radio tlr at gairloch.co.uk
Thu Jan 29 16:04:32 GMT 2015

Ed

Those programmes sound very interesting, and on vitally important topics deserving of attention, but can you confirm whether they have taken an editorial approach that makes them okay to broadcast without falling foul of the law? As you'll know, the Broadcasting Act probibits radio stations from on-air campaigning or advertising campaigns on matters of politics or public controversy.

>From a podcast I've listened to on Climate Radio the programme and presenter seem to take a very clear stand and urge direct political action - perfectly valid to do that, and okay for a podcast,  but it didn't sound likely to be legally compliant for a UK broadcaster. Will the four specials be designed to be broadcastable without problems?

Alex