[cma-l] Community Radio Consultation

Canalside's The Thread office at thethread.org.uk
Fri Jan 23 10:46:38 GMT 2015

>From the replies that I have had and some going on the notice board it looks
like my observations, thoughts, verbals, mini-rants, skew-whif mindset but
upfront and honest posts are sinking in.

Reading the between the lines and obviously receiving a lot of yes’s as well
I don’t need to feel embarrassed or think am I the only one here.

What Ian has written here basically sums it all up. Anyone who hasn’t seen
my postings over the last 24 hours please have a quick read. I know there is
an element of waffling and rambling (but I can’t help that) try to see
through the mist and grasp the message.

I reckon I have made VALID suggestions for tweaks
 we need to go back to
them and put them forward as a United group. I don’t think people sending
out   ‘’we welcome this and we welcome that’’ helps matters.

Of course, we have got at least something, there has been a slight shift,
but if you chuck in the fact that the Pot is the same, the £15,000 base
figure becomes a bit of a cop out. I was looking for a rise in the Fund,
equally doled out
 if it was £10,000 ???  only £5000 ???    this has to be
added to the £15,000 limit which makes it at least reasonable and half
acceptable

.  but, when we subtract it from the total because no
improvement on the Pot was forthcoming, then the magical word ‘debacle’
comes into play again.

Tudno and Bay have been totally insulted, they have been bullied, and
treated appallingly  (here we go with bunker-mentality again)   justifiable
bunker mentality as far as I am concerned. They should be under the same
rules as everyone else, regardless of size of commercial station
.. from my
research the ‘’’apparent’’’ small ILR in Llandudno isn’t actually that, it
is part of a bigger network. We had the same issue here with silk who were
part of the local radio group then Dee
. Their reach was not under £150,000
at all, it was way over if you include their national / regional
advertising.

Of course we are out of the category now because of the power boost for silk

. Lifted out for the completely wrong reason.

I have banged on about this for years
. This is not Rocket science

. Mix and match with the Community Fund and we are NO threat to
Commercial Radio. We need to distribute the broadcasting money out more
fairly.

Nick

  _____