[cma-l] bye bye blackbird

Canalside's The Thread office at thethread.org.uk
Mon Jan 19 14:52:19 GMT 2015

Dear All

I forgot to mention as well that Indigo / Preston and Isle of Mull in
Scotland all going going gone. Isle of Mull not even out of the starting
blocks and the other two belly up.

If my maths are correct then I think we're up to 36 on my list, this
includes some internet Stations who broadcasted as Community Stations. In
our area here literally 10 miles down the road in Congleton BearTown
throwing in the towel.

I did visit the Department of Culture, MEDIA and Sport once, I searched the
corridors high and low, I went into the basement, I even had a forage and a
rummage in the attack, I looked in every nook and cranny, I'd be damned,
with the best will in the World I could find Mr Nero on his Fiddle ... he
must be there though as the failure rate keeps trundling on.

Like I say, I know any move in the right direction is a good one, but alas,
I hope we ain't shutting stable doors after the Horses have bolted.

Ie:- 4 more bolted this week

Nick

---