[cma-l] imaging and the announcement

Two Lochs Radio tlr at gairloch.co.uk
Sat Jan 17 14:34:54 GMT 2015

would be part of the Station Manager's responsibility.

Yes, I'd expect the station manager to do an awful lot more of course - it wasn't meant to be an exhaustive list of a Station Manager's responsibilities... has anyone ever got to the end of that list? One of the problems is that generally the smaller the station, the wider the range of the SM's direct responsibilities (but usually the lower the pay!).

As for news, in our case we see local news as an absolutely key part of our local broadcasting - a key differentiator for us against any other radio service available in our area, and one of the main reasons for a sizeable proportion of our audience to tune in (chances are quite a few tune in for the local news and weather and then leave us again!). Producing it is probably our heaviest daily burden however - it is time consuming and tedious to produce, day-in, day-out.

For national news in daytime hours we get a 2-3 minute hourly bulletin from Glasgow. IRN/Sky News would sound completely wrong for us in the north-west of Scotland, but the 'Glasgow and the West Coast' bulletin of national and international news that we get fits in just fine.  During peak hours we follow the national bulletin with our local news and weather.

Alex
  -----