[cma-l] Music Royalties for simulcast DAB

Ian Hickling transplanfm at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 25 12:54:45 GMT 2015

This is a hot potato that isn't going to go away.
If we agree to paying a Royalty at all - and it's a very big "if" - then shouldn't it be graded on the number of consumers - the listening audience?
And shouldn't that be determined by the Royalty organisation (the seller) and billed as such - rather than being required to be supplied by the broadcaster (the customer)?