[cma-l] RadioReverb's 8th birthday Reverbathon fundraiser

Melita Dennett melita.dennett at bbc.co.uk
Wed Feb 25 12:18:19 GMT 2015

Hi all,

Brighton's RadioReverb is approaching its birthday, and we're celebrating eight years of producing radio which is independent, fiercely local, ad-free, playlist-free, news, travel and weather-free.

The Reverbathon is RadioReverb's annual fundraiser. The Reverbathon gives us an opportunity to engage with listeners and sponsors in a different way, all being part of a rolling fundraiser.

Last year we raised £2,000 in 36 hours and this year we plan to smash that. All money raised goes directly back into the running of the station, upgrading equipment and giving an opportunity to bring in new shows and new local voices.

Nobody is paid to work on RadioReverb - we're all volunteers and we do it because we have a passion for radio, and we love Brighton and Hove and believe the city deserves a radio station that really reflects its character, communities and interests.

The Reverbathon allows us to produce special one-off programmes, either from regular presenters, or for new producers. For example, Southern Invasion, our Friday night two hours of drum 'n' bass, will extend to a four-hour session. Albion Roar, an hour of pure football talk on Saturday lunchtime, will extend to a two hour show where the presenters will also get to show off their DJ skills.

We'll have live music sessions from local bands, our reporters will be out making location features and our studio guests will provide lively conversation about local events and matters.

Some of the presenters will pair up to create a new show that brings together the best of their regular shows, and new programmes include a pilot for a monthly food programme, featuring the best in local food and drink.

Other regular favourites will be Frockabilly, the UK's only female-fronted rockabilly show, kindly sponsored by the Rockabilly Rave; Out In Brighton, the city's award-winning LGBT show, The Comedy Social, a lively hour of comedy guests, music and sketches, and Time 4 T, the UK's only Transgender show on FM.

Sunday 8th March is International Women's Day so from 8am to the close of the Reverbathon at midnight we'll have a roster of all-female presenters. RadioReverb is proud to have more female presenters than all the other local radio stations combined, so the Reverbathon gives us a chance to celebrate that fact and highlight the skills and talents of women presenters and producers.

RadioReverb turns eight this March, which is no mean achievement for an organisation run entirely by volunteers. These are challenging times for community radio, but RadioReverb continues to thrive because we are all about Brighton and Hove, and listeners and sponsors know that. Our volunteers are also committed, highly professional and great ambassadors for a radio station that holds Brighton and Hove at the very heart of what we do.

www.radioreverb.com<http://www.radioreverb.com/>
Twitter @radioreverb #Reverbathon

Cheers
Melita