[cma-l] The future of the Radio Academy

Richard Hilton Richard.Hilton at bitc.org.uk
Fri Feb 6 09:53:45 GMT 2015

This just posted from the Chair of the Radio Academy.

>From The Chair, Ben Cooper

Hello Richard,

I would like to invite you to a meeting to announce the launch of a new look Radio Academy that is fit for purpose in 2015 and beyond.

Listening to your feedback on email and in person over the last few months, taking into account the Patrons' perspectives and the Trustees desire to design an Academy for the future, we now feel ready to share our new vision.

Last week I got on a train, and despite the snow trying to stop me, spoke to students and Radio Academy members in Sunderland and Carlisle. We, also, this week met with all the regional branch Chairs to share ideas and take views. What struck me was how much the next generation and current practitioners want to learn from, and meet with, other people in the industry. Therefore I can assure you that learning, networking and a sense of belonging to a community will remain core to the Radio Academy purpose.

But there will be changes. There have to be.

When everything around you is changing it demands that you evolve. Added to the disruptive nature of the radio industry was the fact that, the financial structure of the Academy was no longer viable.

My ambition is to answer these two questions - 'What is the purpose of the Radio Academy?' and 'How do you benefit from joining it?'

So please join me on Tuesday 24th February 2015 at 18.00hrs on the 7th floor at the BBC New Broadcasting House, Portland Place, London W1A 1AA to hear the answers to those questions.

Spaces are limited to a first come first served basis so please register here now<http://e.radioacademy.org/_act/link.php?mId=C85535388183395171841044538379&tId=153562192>.

The information in this email is confidential and may be privileged. It is for use by the addressee only. If you are not the addressee or if this email is sent to you in error, please let us know by return and delete the email from your computer. You may not copy it, or use its contents or disclose them to another person. No liability is accepted for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan any attachments.