[cma-l] Community Radio Spot Rate

Alan Coote alan.coote at 5digital.co.uk
Wed Feb 4 18:20:04 GMT 2015

I don’t think anyone would argue with paying up front for advertising.

We charged a booking fee which covers the Comprod plus half the airtime cost for ‘reserving the slot’. It helps with cash flow as we could get the production done knowing that the costs are paid. Payment was due in full before airing.

The only time I got burnt was when I trusted that someone would pay – they didn’t and we lost £550!

I had a client that changed their mind about running a sponsorship campaign which was fair enough but, it meant I couldn’t sell it to anyone else in time. So the T&Cs were updated so we have the right to charge an amount depending how close the campaign was to running.

As the producer of Let’s Talk Business, which encourages people to start in business, I’m very conscious of the cash flow pressure small business owners have.

However, I think that many owners would rather let a bill go unpaid than to tell their supplier that they are having difficulty paying. I would appreciate a call explaining the issue to see if we can work together to resolve the issue.

Kind Regards

Alan

 <http://www.letstalkbusinessonline.com/> Hear Alan Every Week on Let’s Talk Business The UK’s Premier Radio Programme For Current and Future Entrepreneurs - Now Broadcast To 5 Million People

Email -  <mailto:alan.coote at 5digital.co.uk> alan.coote at 5digital.co.uk

Phone - 0800 949 6655

Mobile - 07801 518858

Twitter -  <http://www.twitter.com/TheAlanCoote> @TheAlanCoote

Web -  <http://www.5digital.co.uk/> http://www.5digital.co.uk

Let’s Talk Business

Twitter -  <http://www.twitter.com/LTBShow> @LTBShow

Web -  <http://www.letstalkbusinessonline.com/> http://www.LetsTalkBusinessOnline.com

cid:image001.gif at 01CE03CD.223AC920

The Media Production, Broadcasting and Training Company