[cma-l] Community Radio Spot Rate

Two Lochs Radio tlr at gairloch.co.uk
Wed Feb 4 15:56:45 GMT 2015

Nice idea, but apart from where we offer a discounted rate for payment up-front I doubt many of our clients would be impressed. In this area everyone still operates in the days of 'tick' and trust, and will often not submit a bill for months. We have been burnt only once in 12 years, and that was only for £20.

The up-front doscount has, I believe, been key to securing a number of year-long sponsorship deals, and as someone wrote earlier, sponsorship deals are usually a lot less admin and hassle than advertising spots.

Have you tried applying PIA to advertising agencies? The bigger, the slower to pay we've found. Most have a policy of not accepting invoices until a campaign has run, and then only paying at the end of the following month - and sometimes even then only if their client in turn has paid them.

Alex