[cma-l] FW: Community Radio Spot Rate

Canalside's The Thread office at thethread.org.uk
Wed Feb 4 14:55:58 GMT 2015

  _____

From: Canalside's The Thread [mailto:office at thethread.org.uk]
Sent: 04 February 2015 14:55
To: 'David Duffy'
Subject: RE: [cma-l] Community Radio Spot Rate

Dear All  (David)

True.

Once again, don’t take this too literally. I don’t in the memory of man
think I would ever do that, regardless of the amount to be honest. It’s
merely the thought of doing it that kind of calms the water. We’re not a bad
bunch here you know, and we have been shafted on about 25 occasions over the
past 10 years

 this is because we don’t have (PIA)     this backs up what
you are saying here.

To prove that this type of rhetoric was more of ‘letting steam off’
‘huffing and puffing’   ‘hot-air’      you will see that the phrase ‘’once
bitten twice shy’’ has gone completely out the window     LOL    this is
either = folly       or simply backs up that WE ARE COMMUNITY and WE ARE
GOODWILL, and regardless what is lobbed at us we are not going to be removed
from that task and vision. This is what we are, and if it means we leave
ourselves wide open or slightly open, then so be it.

I would much prefer to work on goodwill, but as I mentioned in my previous
e-mail not all folk are like us. What you see is what you get, some don’t
like it, some do
 you can’t win em all.

These guys to be honest for £123 quid
. It’s their loss and certainly not
ours, plus, we can hold our heads up high as we have done nothing wrong. It
is extremely irritating though.

As for being dragged down, you’re right. And lots of things can detract you
and can drag you down. I think with the experiences of restrictions and all
this sort of stuff, at times we have been dragged that low we could have
crawled under a snakes belly with a top Hat on   :-)    LOL

Keep smilin’    :-)    onwards and upwards      or sidewards    (round in
circles ?)       LOL      whichever ?

Regards

Nick

  _____