[cma-l] AM v FM

Ian Hickling transplanfm at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 14 21:56:37 GMT 2015

I do sincerely agree
But with the amount of land required, plus the structure and its erection, plus the earth mat and ATU - the construction of an aerial which is anything like naturally resonant is a major project and expense.
Hence they are nowhere near a quarter wavelength and need added capacitance and inductance in order to achieve a reasonable match.
This also introduces a huge question mark over the shape of the propagation envelope and removes any hope of effective modelling.
So overall efficiency is about 8 to 10%

Ian Hickling
Partner

Office: 01635 578435  (7am-11pm UK time)Carphone: 07530 980115 (only responds when driving)6 Horn Street, Compton, NEWBURY, RG20 6QS