[cma-l] 5 Reasons to Join Us at The Community Media Conference on 12th September

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Sat Aug 29 08:44:18 BST 2015

Dear Friends, Colleagues & Supporters

Ticket sales have been brisk for the Community Media Conference and the
agenda is nearly finalised - we'll release details of that very shortly.
There are only a very few tickets left so if you have yet to get a ticket
then here are five reasons why you should join us at this year's Conference:

*1.* *Industry leading speakers:* Chris Burns, Chair of the Radio Academy
<http://www.radioacademy.org/> tells us about their new vision including
collaboration with the CMA; Caroline Mitchell, representing Sound Women
<http://www.soundwomen.co.uk/> on why you need more women in your
organisation; Emma Meese from Cardiff University's Centre for Community
Journalism <http://www.communityjournalism.co.uk/en/> on changes to the
libel laws and how to navigate them; our very own Dom Chambers, Chair of
the CMA, talking on a number of topics including the CMA/BBC MoU
<http://www.commedia.org.uk/news/2015/02/bbc-signs-mou/>; and much more.

* 2.* *Routes to Revenue:* success stories based on training, projects and
commercial approaches to income generation which will leave you brimming
with ideas and inspiration.

* 3.* *Breakout Sessions: *hear the latest on small-scale DAB from
community radio legend, Lawrie Hallett; generating income using the Reach
Radio app for community radio from Exaget <http://www.exaget.com/>;
building a community media arts network; how to prepare for broadcasting
disasters and emergencies; and more!

* 4.* *Trade Fair:* including technology, equipment, projects and creative
production.

* 5.* *Networking opportunities:* connect with old friends and make new
ones too with our superb networking opportunities.

And a sixth reason to attend is that with first-class Conference facilities
offered by the University of Bedfordshire, a high concentration of
community radio stations in the area and excellent transport links from
further afield we are expecting sell-out attendance from the sector this
year. In order to encourage a good turnout CMA members get to bring along a
second person free of charge!

Follow the link to get your tickets:

http://community-media-conference-2015.eventbrite.co.uk/

\\

https://www.facebook.com/CommunityMediaAssociation

*CMA AGM/Conference Saturday 12th September 2015*Canstream Internet Radio &
Video
http://www.canstream.co.uk/
https://twitter.com/canstream