[cma-l] 5 Reasons to Join Us at The Community Media Conference on 12th September

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Wed Aug 19 18:44:48 BST 2015

Dear Friends, Colleagues & Supporters

Ticket sales have been brisk for the Community Media Conference and if you
have yet to purchase your ticket then here are five reasons why you should
join us at this year's Conference:

*1.* *Industry leading speakers:* Chris Burns, Chair of The Radio Academy
tells us about their new Vision including collaboration with the CMA;
Caroline Mitchell, representing Sound Women on why you need more women in
your organisation; Emma Meese from the Cardiff School of Community
Journalism on changes to the libel laws and how to navigate them; our very
own Dom Chambers, Chair of the CMA, talking on a number of topics; and much
more.

* 2.* *Routes to Revenue:* success stories based on Training, Projects and
Commercial approaches to income generation which will leave you brimming
with ideas and inspiration.

* 3.* *Breakout Sessions: *hear the latest on small-scale DAB from
community radio legend, Lawrie Hallett; generating income using the Reach
Radio app for community radio from Exaget; building a community media arts
network; how to prepare for broadcasting disasters and emergencies; and
more!

* 4.* *Trade Fair:* including technology, equipment, projects and creative
production.

* 5.* *Networking opportunities:* connect with old friends and make new
ones too with our superb networking opportunities.

And a sixth reason to attend is that with first-class Conference facilities
offered by the University of Bedfordshire, a high concentration of
community radio stations in the area and excellent transport links from
further afield we are expecting sell-out attendance from the sector this
year. In order to encourage a good turnout, early bird delegate tickets are
cheaper than last year's ticket price and  CMA members even get to bring
along a second person free of charge!

Early-bird pricing is still available until Friday.  Follow the link to
secure your tickets:

http://community-media-conference-2015.eventbrite.co.uk/

\\

https://www.facebook.com/CommunityMediaAssociation

*CMA AGM/Conference Saturday 12th September 2015*Canstream Internet Radio &
Video
http://www.canstream.co.uk/
https://twitter.com/canstream