[cma-l] Social Media and Community Radio training day

Cormac Lawler cormac at radioregen.org
Thu Aug 13 13:09:56 BST 2015

Hi all, another community radio event coming up in September....

Social Media and Community Radio in a day
A (free) community radio training day, split in two sessions: 1) how to use social media for your station, and 2) an open space 'skillswap'. (See below for more info.)
Will discuss in practical terms how to make use of tools and resources to meet current and future challenges.
The social media session will help you to use social media to increase your station’s impact - both for beginners and the more experienced - and will have input from a social media consultant with extensive knowledge of community radio.
There are three possible dates in September (18th, 19th, 24th) for the session in Manchester. Can you indicate your preferred date in the Doodle poll – or if you're interested in other upcoming sessions or individual support, email me at cormac at radioregen.org.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Cormac

-----

More info

Green Fish Resource Centre, Manchester, M4 1LE
10am – 4pm; 18th,19th or 24th September – see Doodle poll

10.00 – 13.00 Social media for community radio
Social media is a growing part of everyday life – but how can we make best use of social media for our stations? This will focus on using social media to grow listenership, increase support and engage partners and businesses. This will be an opportunity to learn about good practice and top tips – as well as how to address challenges and concerns around using social media. This session will disseminate ideas and resources developed through a year-long project coordinated by Radio Regen.
So far, we have found great examples of how:
Social Media can bring new opportunities into your station
Stations are using Social Media to generate revenue
Volunteers can be a valuable part of your Social Media model
Free Social Media tools can make managing Social Media simpler.
13.00 – 14.00 Lunch (Bring your own, so we can make this event free!)

14.00 – 16.00 Community radio skillswap
Share ideas, concerns, challenges and innovations. This will be an ‘open space’ – i.e. the agenda is open – to discuss what has worked for our stations, what we have struggled with, what we would like help with. It offers a space to share concerns and experiences, finding out how other Community Radio stations are dealing with similar challenges. From experience of similar events, regular topics will include funding, revenue generation, dealing with Ofcom/legislation and working with volunteers – but we encourage you to bring along any topics of your own.

Book your free place by contacting Cormac: cormac at radioregen.org – and fill out the Doodle poll to indicate preferred date!

Cormac Lawler
Project coordinator
0161 234 2799

Radio Regen
46 Oldham Street, Green Fish Resource Centre, Manchester, M4 1LE
www.radioregen.org

Company Ltd by Guarantee Registered in England and Wales No 3753832.
Registered Charity No 1077763