[cma-l] Interactions: College, Student&University Radio open access issue published online

Salvatore Scifo salvatore.scifo at communitymedia.eu
Thu Apr 30 08:31:05 BST 2015

Dear CMA members,
I would like to share with you the open access online publication of a
new issue of 'Interactions: Studies in Communication and Culture'
(Volume 6, Issue 1) by Intellect which is now available at
http://www.intellectbooks.co.uk/journals/view-issue,id=2861/

The thematic issue on 'College, Student and University Radio' includes
articles by Brendan Reilly and John Farnsworth, Brian Fauteux, Nick
Rubin, Jennifer C. Waits, Deborah Wilson David and Urszula Doliwa and
can be downloaded, free of charge, by clicking on the 'purchase PDF'
link of each article.

Table of Contents

Editorial
Salvatore Scifo (Maltepe University, Istanbul)

Going commercial: Navigating student radio in a deregulated media
marketplace
Brendan Reilly (Christchurch Polytechnic Institute of Technology) and
John Farnsworth (Otago University)

Campus frequencies: ‘Alternativeness’ and Canadian campus radio
Brian Fauteux (Concordia University)

‘College radio’: The development of a trope in US student broadcasting
Nick Rubin (University of Virginia)

 From wireless experiments to streaming: The secret history and changing
role of college radio at Haverford College 1923–2014
Jennifer C. Waits (Independent Researcher)

The learning curve: Distinctive opportunities and challenges posed by
university-based community radio stations
Deborah Wilson David (University of Lincoln)

The history of student radio in Poland
Urszula Doliwa (University of Warmia and Mazury)

About the journal

'Interactions: Studies in Communication and Culture' recognises the
interdisciplinary nature of the fields of media, communication and
cultural studies and we therefore encourage diverse themes, subjects,
contexts and approaches; empirical, theoretical and historical. Our
objective is to engage readers and contributors from different parts of
the world in a critical debate on the myriad interconnections and
interactions between communication, culture and society at the outset of
the twenty first century.

It is our intention to encourage the development of the widest possible
scholarly community, both in terms of geographical location and
intellectual scope and we will publish leading articles from both
established scholars and those at the beginning of their careers.

'Interactions: Studies in Communication and Culture' is a journal
published by Intellect. For further information, please visit the
journal's webpage at
http://www.intellectbooks.co.uk/journals/view-Journal,id=165/

Editor: Salvatore Scifo (Maltepe University, Istanbul)
Associate Editor: Alessandro D'Arma (University of Westminster)

-------------------------------------

Assist.Prof.Dr.Salvatore Scifo
Maltepe University
Faculty of Communication, Room A502
Department of Public Relations and Publicity (English)
Marmara Eğitim Köyü
TR-34857 Maltepe, Istanbul
Turkey

T: +90(0)216 626 10 50 (switchboard) Ext.:2733
E: salvatorescifo at maltepe.edu.tr

Salvatore Scifo
Editor, Interactions: Studies in Communication and Culture
Intellect Books
http://www.intellectbooks.co.uk/journals/view-Journal,id=165/