[cma-l] Community radio frequency allocation survey

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Sat Apr 18 12:02:44 BST 2015

We are aware that some community radio licence applicants, and indeed some
licence holders, find it somewhat difficult to understand some of Ofcom's
rules and decision-making processes, particularly but not solely in the
allocation of broadcast frequencies.

The Community Media Associatio <http://www.commedia.org.uk/>n and transplan
UK <http://www.transplanuk.com/> are collecting a number of specimen cases
based on real situations to put to Ofcom in a fact-finding exercise to
clarify some of the existing procedures.

If you have had a difficulty which you feel would add to this process,
please complete the form here:

http://bit.ly/1amgOuV

Or send an email to frequencies at commedia.org.uk with precise details of
your own individual case answering the questions below.

We will incorporate your information where appropriate, but without the
specific references at this stage so that a general picture can emerge.

When we have had a chance to collate your contributions into a formal
submission we will publish it to CMA Members prior to presentation to Ofcom.

++
*Your name:*

*Your station or project name:Your email address:Telephone number:Landline
or mobile phone number:*

1. *Please describe any issues you have faced when applying for a community
radio broadcast frequency.* Was the application process clear, did you get
the frequency that you wanted, are you satisfied with your station
broadcast area?

2. *Does your allocated coverage meet your expectations?* Can the audience
you expected your station to reach actually hear you?

3. *If Ofcom was unable able to allocate an appropriate frequency to you,
has this been fully explained to you?*

4. *If you presented a technical case to Ofcom suggesting a transmission
plan other than the one offered to you – were you able to enter into a
dialogue about this?*

5. *Would you like to receive further information from the Community Media
Association?*

   - Membership of the Community Media Association:
   - Details of our services for Internet radio:
   - Other:

\\

https://www.facebook.com/CommunityMediaAssociation

Canstream Internet Radio & Video