[cma-l] 60 Second International Radio competition

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Sat Apr 4 09:24:03 BST 2015

It is with great pride that CHOQ.CA launches the first edition of the 60
Second Radio international contest. Radio producers,artists, writers,
musicians, journalists, as well as university students from Québec, Canada
and around the globe are called upon to submit their one minute audio clips
for this competition.

This contest is open to everyone inspired by Liberty! which is the chosen
theme for this first edition. Liberty can be expressed in different ways
and take on multiple meanings. Freedom comes from within and our encounter
with it can be sensed in many circumstances. We hope to listen to your own
moment of freedom.

We had the idea for this international competition and its theme in
December 2014 and we immediately decided to follow suit. We hope our
audiences will be equally enthusiastic! After the *contest deadline of
April 12th 2015*, and the jury selection, the best 60 Second Radio capsules
will be broadcast hourly on CHOQ.ca radio but also compiled in a full
length format that will be sent to our radio and web partners worldwide.
These partners include: The World Association of Community Radio
Broadcasters (AMARC), the National Campus and Community Radio Association
(NCRA), the Pacifica Network, the National Federation of Community
Broadcasters (NFCB), and hundreds of artists, musicians, cultural centres,
press organizations, and international journalist federations.

All of this would not have been possible without the immense enthusiasm
expressed by our first year sponsors: the UQÀM Office of International
Relations (University of Quebec in Montréal), the Canadian Commission for
UNESCO in Ottawa, and Le Journal International in France. Many thanks for
their financial help and commitment to make this world radio experiment a
complete success.

We sincerely hope you’ll be part of this worldwide radio experiment!
Imagine your 60 Second Radio work broadcasted around the globe! Plug in
your microphones, instruments, press record, start and send! But do it
soon! *Contest deadline is April 12 2015*. 60 Second Radio is in all
languages and for the whole world!

On behalf of CHOQ.ca’s radio team as well as our sponsors and partners,
happy editing! Our ears are now fully opened and ready for you!

Gauvain Le Guennec, Director, CHOQ.ca radio

http://www.choq.ca/60radio/en/

\\

https://www.facebook.com/CommunityMediaAssociation

Canstream Internet Radio & Video