[cma-l] Community Radio on AM

Ray Godby ray.godby at hcrfm.co.uk
Wed Sep 24 08:00:50 BST 2014

Ian

Would be interested in seeing this document

Thanks
Ray

On 23 September 2014 15:11, Ian Hickling <transplanfm at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I updated our own internal record of Community Radio stations today with
> the most recent additions.
> This is based with acknowledgement on Ofcom's published TX Parameters and
> shows that out of the 267 individual CR transmitters (as opposed to the
> number of broadcasters) licensed, 231 are currently on air.
> I will happily pass this document on to any interested parties that
> message me.
> At the same time I looked at the number of CR transmitters operational on
> Medium Wave (AM) and the power they are using.
> There are just seven out of that total of 267, - two using 100W EMRP, two
> at 70W which is the normal maximum allocated to a CR, one at 10W, one at 4W
> and the last which we know well at 1W.
> This illustrates I suggest the level of uptake of AM - that Ofcom is
> offering as an alternative where it says that no FM frequency is available.

Ray Godby

Operations Director/Programme Manager

Huntingdon Community Radio (Media) Limited Company No 06755423 Registered
in England. Reg Office: St George’s House, 14 George Street, Huntingdon,
Cambs UK PE29 3GH. Directors: William Hensley (Managing),Raymond
Godby, Anthony Obee, Stephen Potter,Scott Pheby, Nicola Rule. This email
and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for
the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions
expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of Huntingdon Community Radio (Media) Limited. If you are not the
intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based
upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender
if you believe you have received this email in error.