[cma-l] The CMA mailing lists

Bill Best bill.best at commedia.org.uk
Thu Sep 18 16:16:38 BST 2014

We've had a lively and interesting debate on this matter - thank you for
all the contributions.

The RSS feed for the CMA-L mailing list is now active and is located here:

http://mailmanrss.commedia.org.uk/cma-l/rss.xml

Instructions below as to how to subscribe to an RSS feed using the Firefox
browser:

http://www.wikihow.com/Subscribe-to-wikiHow-RSS-Feeds-Using-Mozilla-Firefox

Other browsers, such as Chrome, will work a little differently.

If you set up RSS in your browser then your browser will be updated with
notifications of new posts to the list - you might already subscribe to
news feeds from the BBC using this method.

The above RSS feed is also piped to the CMA's Facebook account and to
Twitter. Indeed here is the last post made to the mailing list which has
automatically been published on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/community_media/status/512606610137436160

In the spirit of 'write once, publish many' the mailing list RSS feed and
its contents are also reproduced on the front page of the CMA website.

I will look into pushing the mailing list to LinkedIn and Google+ using
IFTTT <https://ifttt.com/> if that is so desired. You can even convert the
RSS feed to voice <http://www.voicerss.org/> you like.

The list of all of our mailing lists and the list guidelines are available
here:

http://www.commedia.org.uk/get-support/cma-email-lists/

I suggest that we use the comradio-l
<http://mailman.commedia.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/comradio-l> list to
publicise community radio programmes and content, as shown by August's
posts here:

http://mailman.commedia.org.uk/pipermail/comradio-l/2014-August/date.html

So do share programme news and schedules by sending them to
comradio-l at commedia.org.uk - and we can keep this list, cma-l
and discussion.

Anybody interested in local and community television should join and post
to comtv-l which has been rather quiet of late and could do with animating:

We also have mailing lists for Scotland
<http://mailman.commedia.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/cmascotland-l> and for
anybody wishes to start a discussion there.

For die-hard fans of forums, I'll investigate how that sort of
functionality can be integrated with the mailing list - this is certainly
not impossible.

The cma-l mailing list has existed for possibly 15 years and during that
time other fora and bulletin boards have been and gone. This list has
consistently remained a dependable and reliable source of information and
comment on the community broadcasting sector and we hope, by making some
improvements here and there, will remain so for at least another 15 years.

With best regards

Bill
--
Operations Manager