[cma-l] Women in news and current affairs - House of Lords call for input

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Wed Sep 17 17:32:39 BST 2014

>From Sound Women:

As you’ll be aware, there is a lot of political interest at the moment in
the issue of women’s representation and role in the media. As an
organisation we've been very active in this, and continue to play a role in
getting the message across about the importance of making sure radio gets
the most out of women’s talents and that women can get the most out of
working in radio.

The exciting news is that the House of Lords Communications Committee has
launched an inquiry into women in news and current affairs broadcasting.
The details are here
<http://www.parliament.uk/business/committees/committees-a-z/lords-select/communications-committee/news/women-news-current-affairs-inquiry-launch/>
.

Sound Women will be making a response to the inquiry. We’d like the
Communications Committee to hear your stories directly, and via our
submission. So many of you have extraordinary stories to tell, views to
express and experiences to share. Please consider making a personal
submission to the inquiry by the deadline of *1 October*. It would also
really help our submission if you could send us a copy of what you’ve said.
You can email SW Director Lisa Kerr on lisa at lisakerr.org. If you’d like her
to reference it in our submission, she’ll need it by* Wednesday 24
September* please.

Many thanks!

\\

https://www.facebook.com/CommunityMediaAssociation