[cma-l] Invitation to Comment on Ofcom's Annual Plan for 2015/16

Canalside's The Thread office at thethread.org.uk
Thu Oct 9 15:44:03 BST 2014

How about getting rid of the advertising restrictions on Community Radio and
instead replacing them with a small simple and easy monitoring system on
what we are spending our money on.

It is not how we earn our money, it is whether or not we are putting it to
good use serving our Community.

I have never seen such a debacle in all my life and simply have to pinch
myself everyday to see that we still actually have about 10 Stations on the
under 150,000 ruling. It's quite embarrassing and at the same time
disgusting and STILL not acceptable. Infact, it has never been acceptable, I
know, as we had to put up with it for 5 years, it's a wonder we're still
here. I sympathise.

Seeing as it's in December we might get more sense having the discussion
with Father Christmas. It's not Ofcom who are the problem, they're just the
referee, it's the DCMS who seem to miles Off-Piste. In fact they are so far
Off-Piste on this one, they're in the Trees.

Nick

  _____