[cma-l] Ofcom to investigate over 50 community radio stations

terry mechan terrymechan at live.co.uk
Tue Nov 18 12:09:22 GMT 2014

Who is investigating OFCOM?

terrymechan.com

Dom Chambers, Chair of the Community Media Association:

“It is a matter of great concern that around one quarter of community radio licensees are being investigated by the regulator in the area of key commitments. I know what extraordinary levels of social impact are achieved in our sector so we need to analyse where there are shortfalls in getting that information back to the licence regulator. Ofcom investigations can be very demoralising to those operating from a volunteer base. I am also concerned at the length of time it has taken for these investigations to come to light nor that this was brought up in our last quarterly meeting. As one who has filed five annual returns on behalf of a licensee I very much look forward to discussing this situation with Ofcom as CMA chair when we attend our next meeting in December.”