[cma-l] New Field Recorder / Mic

Alan Coote alan.coote at 5digital.co.uk
Sun Nov 16 22:27:07 GMT 2014

Hi Terry,

I use the Tascam DR-40. You can hear it on all our radio only (not videoed)
interviews away from the studio.

It has metering, XLR in and phantom power. Our rechargeable batteries seem
to last for ages too. I had to experiment with Mics', as the preamp can be
slightly on the noisy side if not driven correctly. The headphone amp isn't
noise free either - but that doesn't matter too much.

I would not recommend it as a station's digital recorder for general use
though. The setting are a mixture of a side switch and the menus. On more
than one occasion I had to fiddle finding the settings which had been
changed from a previous session.

Other than that an excellent recorder and will last you an age.

Kind Regards

Alan

PS when you get really stuck the iPhone is excellent. Used by many a Journo
when there's no alterntive.

 <http://www.letstalkbusinessonline.com/> Hear Alan Every Week on Let's Talk
Business The UK's Premier Radio Programme For Current and Future
Entrepreneurs - Now Broadcast To 4.8 Million People

Email -  <mailto:alan.coote at 5digital.co.uk> alan.coote at 5digital.co.uk

Phone - 0800 949 6655

Mobile - 07801 518858

Twitter -  <http://www.twitter.com/TheAlanCoote> @TheAlanCoote

Web -  <http://www.5digital.co.uk/> http://www.5digital.co.uk

Let's Talk Business

Twitter -  <http://www.twitter.com/LTBShow> @LTBShow

Web -  <http://www.letstalkbusinessonline.com/>
http://www.LetsTalkBusinessOnline.com

cid:image001.gif at 01CE03CD.223AC920

The Media Production, Broadcasting and Training Company