[cma-l] Writers contacting community radio stations

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Fri Nov 7 12:02:12 GMT 2014

---- Forwarded message -----

Hi there,

I am a presenter with CHBN Radio in Truro and I am writing an article
for a magazine called Writers' Forum
(http://writers-forum.com/contact.html) about how best for writers to
go about making contact with their local community radio station to
get their work out there - whether it be short stories, novels that
they are happy to be serialised, radio plays or non-fiction works.

The idea being that it is not just a way to promote their work but it
is also to the benefit of the stations involved as it is a good way
for them to have speech content to broadcast (in the case of CHBN, our
live content needs to be 30% speech to meet our community radio quota)

Obviously I have ideas of my own but I was hoping to gather thoughts
from members of other community radio stations and I wondered if CMA
members would like to put forward any suggestions or thoughts that I
could use - not just actual ideas but ways that potential contributors
could make it easier when approaching stations, such as the best way
to submit MP3 recordings.

My article will include links to find community radio stations so that
readers can find their local station easily and hopefully be inspired
to produce material that listeners will enjoy hearing.

Many thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Kind regards,

Adam Carpenter
e: adam.carpenter123 at btinternet.com