[cma-l] Ofcom Report - Ensuring a nation of connected citizens

shirleyludford@btinternet.co shirleyludford at btinternet.com
Sat Nov 1 02:16:04 GMT 2014

Hello Nick,

We have done very well to date, but as you also say, by a tremendous effort.  Bringing the money, grants, support in kind being mainly on my shoulders (although not part of my job!) so putting in very long hours for over six years without which we would not be here today.

I did manage to get Minister Ed Vaizey to visit our studios 2 years ago to demonstrate what can be achieved but also to say what could be achieved if we were allowed to help ourselves more commercially.  We've received positive communications from him since then, but nothing yet re changing the status of Swindon and the other 17 stations unable to be commercial in any way.

I was invited to go to the House Of Commons a couple of months ago to make a presentation and was supported there by one of our Swindon MPs.  Our other MP was made Ed's assistant recently - so on contacting him this week I received a call back saying Ed would be "making a speech before the end of the year re changes and support for Community Radio" and "it's the process that has to be gone through that is delaying that speech".    I'm not giving in. It's now watch this space!

 Shirls

 Shirley Ludford

Mob: 07951 366289

High Sheriff's Award for Services to Community

Pride Of Swindon Award
Patron: Commonweal School
Patron: DPAG

Station Manager. Trainer