[cma-l] The BBC Radio Journalism Apprenticeship Scheme

Tamar Millen tamar.millen at commedia.org.uk
Fri Mar 14 10:58:39 GMT 2014

Applications for the Radio Apprenticeship Scheme open on Monday 17th
March and close at midnight on Monday 31st March 2014.

Are you passionate about journalism with social media knowledge? Do you
listen to Radio 4 and don't have a degree? We have a great opportunity
for you.

The BBC Radio Journalism Apprenticeship Scheme is a fantastic chance to
kick-start a career in BBC Radio Production. This is the department
which makes conversational programmes such as Midweek, Loose Ends and
topical shows like Woman's Hour and Outlook. We also produce drama,
documentaries and science and arts programmes for Radio 4, Radio 3 and
the World Service.

The scheme involves classroom learning at Lambeth College in London. You
will learn core journalism skills, including law and shorthand (to NCTJ
Industry Standard). At the BBC, we will train you in every aspect of
radio journalism, from how to create accurate and balanced reports, to
how to write for radio, the web, and social media. Both qualifications
will be evaluated throughout the 2 years with exams and practical
assessments.

Read more and follow the link below to apply

http://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/trainee-schemes/radio-journalism-apprenticeship
--
Tamar Millen
Arts Coordinator