[cma-l] Local radio station chairman passes away

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Mon Mar 10 12:17:44 GMT 2014

*One of Midlothian’s best known characters sadly passed away at the
weekend.*

Black Diamond FM’s chairman John Ritchie died on Saturday (March 8) aged
67, he had been suffering from ill health for the past year.

Mr Ritchie was at Black Diamond FM from the beginning and worked tirelessly
to ensure that the dream of a community radio station for Midlothian was
realised.

He was also a prominent member of Gorebridge Community Council. Archie
Pacey from the local group said: “John was a very faithful member of the
community council for many years.

“I have known him for 20 years. John was my best friend in Gorebridge.”

As a journalist, editor and author, Mr Ritchie brought a wide-range of
contacts and considerable expertise into the development of one of the
first stations in the UK to receive a community radio licence.

Mr Ritchie was also the editor of Edinburgh Guide, an author of two books
about Rosslyn Chapel and spent many years working aborad for Reuters.

John leaves his wife Catriona and daughter Hynde.
Source:
http://www.midlothianadvertiser.co.uk/news/local-news/local-radio-station-chairman-passes-away-1-3334593

\\

Tribute from Black Diamond FM:

http://blackdiamondfm.com/station-news/john-ritchie

Deepest sympathies from staff and members of the Community Media
Association. Our thoughts are with his family and Black Diamond FM.

https://www.facebook.com/CommunityMediaAssociation

Canstream Internet Radio & Video
http://www.canstream.co.uk/
https://twitter.com/canstream