[cma-l] Raspberry Pi in the studio

Nick Mallinson nick.mallinson at seahavenfm.com
Wed Jan 22 23:09:20 GMT 2014

Just noted some of the comments about Windows XP.  I am sure many people are aware of this, but just in case you are not.

Microsoft are withdrawing support for XP in April 2014.  You could argue that as long as a computer with XP on it continues to work there is no problem, that has some validity.  However, consider that the machine will become ever more vulnerable as time goes on. Additionally, if it goes wrong and a windows reinstallation is required it is likely that a lot of software will not work because you will not be able to update and install service packs etc.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows/end-support-help

Nick Mallinson

Seahaven FM