[cma-l] Raspberry Pi in the studio

London Chinese Radio admin at londonhuayu.co.uk
Tue Jan 21 17:42:19 GMT 2014

Thanks for all your responses, it's given me plenty of food for thought. I
actually didn't know these USB-XLR/Jack converters existed. Amazing what
you can do... now all I need is a way to connect it all to my toaster and I
can wake up a-la Wallace & Gromit! I'm sure someone's already come up with
a USB-toaster interface!

Old computers are okay if you have a back room, and I have one or two not
being used, but I banished them all when I built new, (4 years ago now)
silent PC's because I couldn't stand the sound of all those computer fans
after so carefully building a lovely recording environment. And I didn't
want to drill a hole through the wall to put leads through, since it isn't
my wall. (and the wall is concrete about 60 years old, so might as well be
solid diamond)

Might be a case of rigging up an ultra-simple quiet computer. I have an old
soundcard hanging around, and I *really* like the look of those leads!

Onwards and upwards!

Peter