[cma-l] Transnational Radio Stories MOOC

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Fri Aug 15 10:24:02 BST 2014

Fwd:

Transnational Radio Stories is a massive open online course (MOOC) for
people who are interested in understanding the various ways radio tells
stories and shapes identities of individuals and societies alike. Join us
to explore radio’s transnational entanglements, its expressions of
individual and territorial identity, its methods of storytelling, and its
auditory cultures.

What does radio do best? Why are we fascinated by stories on the radio, and
are there global rules for telling them? Our open online course will
explore these questions in a new kind of international environment:

Learners will be provided with a multimedia learning environment and group
interaction through our learning platform. As there will be no meetings in
person, the participants are encouraged to form online study groups to
collaborate with other participants on group assignments. Forums and chats
are open for general discussion as well as topic-related inquiries.

The course will be held exclusively online and in English. Participation is
open for everybody and free of charge. Anyone who is interested in radio
and radio culture is welcome to participate. Students may complete the
course with a certificate and 5 credit points in accordance with the ECTS.
Therefore they need to complete an “advanced track”, passing a final
assignment and paying an administrative fee of €50.

MOOC TRANSNATIONAL RADIO STORIES

   - start: September 10th 2014
   - duration: 8 weeks
   - language: English