[cma-l] Ofcom consultation: UHF and VHF spectrum planning

Ian Hickling transplanfm at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 30 09:38:57 BST 2013

Thanks Bill.

Whilst I appreciate that Ofcom has to be seen to be taking a very comprehensive approach to this subject, I can't help feeling that it has been so excessively couched in comprehensivity that most people - like me - will give up trying to find how and where to assess what is required and simply not bother to respond.
So would the CMA please on our behalf firstly tell Ofcom in the most appropriate way that what we need in VHF and UHF planning is a simple and practical approach that makes spectrum available for essential use by the smaller, poorly-funded  and uninfluential Licensees rather than it being sold off to some commercial entity which may or may not actually use or need it?

And secondly take a much more speedy and realistic approach to finding space in Band II for small broadcasters rather than simply saying that no frequencies are available?

Thank you.

Ian