[cma-l] Deducing FM listening figures

Matthew Rogers matthew at thesourcefm.co.uk
Wed Sep 11 09:45:51 BST 2013

Hands up who gets asked, 'How many listeners do you have?' more than any
other question..?

I was just wondering if there was a semi-reliable or at least sector-wide
way of telling listener figures without the assistance of Rajar? I'm aware
of the '10% of the available listening audience' calculation and the
'online = 4.6% of total' calculation but these give wildly different
numbers for Source FM and I guess I'm just wondering if this the same for
everyone?

Would there be any milage in asking Rajar to release a less expensive
community radio package with limited shared information to CMA members?
(sorry if this is an age old discussion)

Cheers and gone..!
--
Matthew Rogers - Station Manager
www.thesourcefm.co.uk