[cma-l] DCMS Consultation - Media Ownership & Plurality

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Mon Oct 7 16:10:17 BST 2013

Dear friends and supporters

Media plurality is about the information that people consume on a
daily basis, which informs their views and perspective on the world.
‘Media plurality’ means having a diversity of viewpoints available and
consumed across the media.

In line with Lord Justice Leveson’s recommendations, DCMS wants to
develop a clear measurement framework in partnership with industry,
and carry out the first ever market assessment of plurality in the UK
today.

This assessment will create a benchmark for the degree of media
plurality in the UK today, helping to decide the level that is
sufficient, and how to address concerns about media plurality.

At this stage, DCMS wants to hear your views on the scope of the
measurement framework:

- the types of media it should include
- the genres it should cover
- the types of organisation and services to which it should apply
- the inclusion of the BBC
-  the audiences with which it should be concerned

Further to our previous message about the government's consultation on
media ownership and plurality, submissions to DCMS may also now be
made via the CMA by using our online form here:

http://bit.ly/1bF4d4u

* The deadline for responses is 22nd October 2013.*

The full consultation paper is available online here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/media-ownership-and-plurality

Best regards

https://www.facebook.com/CommunityMediaAssociation