[cma-l] Clutha Bar, Glasgow - tribute

Bruce Rodger bruce at celticmusicradio.net
Thu Dec 5 18:30:43 GMT 2013

Friends and colleagues,

You will no doubt be aware of the tragic events that took place only a week ago at the Clutha Vaults bar in Glasgow.

The Clutha is a well known Glasgow landmark, and a busy music venue. On the night of the accident, a band was playing. The pub has a long history as a live music venue; as well as the organised gigs it is a popular “session” venue, with singers and musicians just turning up with instruments for a tune and a song with whoever else happens to be there. Billy Connolly and Gerry Rafferty were regular visitors back in their folk music days.

Throughout this tragedy, one of the overarching impressions has been of the spirit and resilience of the people of the city of Glasgow.

A number of fundraising events, many music-based, are being organised to support those affected by this tragedy, the emergency and rescue services and the wider community.

Celtic Music Radio, Glasgow’s community radio station focussing on traditional and contemporary Scottish/Irish/folk/roots music, and St Andrews In The Square, Glasgow’s centre for Scottish Music & Culture, are proud to present:

Folk for the Clutha

On Friday January 10th 2014, the folk community is coming together for a night of fabulous entertainment, to support those affected by the Clutha accident. We have been overwhelmed with offers of help from the entire community.

The programme is still being finalised, but already it includes:

Bill Adair
Steven Clark
Tom Fairnie
Haggerdash
Arthur Johnstone
Adam McCulloch
Lori McTear
Rudegin
Mick West
….and many more

The event takes place at St Andrews In The Square, Glasgow, only a couple of minutes walk from the Clutha, at 7.30pm. There are no tickets - entry is by donation at the door.

If you feel you can support this by giving us a little publicity, we would appreciate it. If you can come along, we would appreciate that even more.

More info on our Facebook page, which will be updated as new performers are added to the programme.

https://www.facebook.com/events/682311095136549
http://www.celticmusicradio.net
http://www.standrewsinthesquare.com

Sincere thanks to all who are generously giving their time and talents towards this project.

Bruce
for the Celtic Music Radio and SAintS teams.