[cma-l] Celtic Music Radio mentioned in Scottish Parliamentyesterday

Office - ccr-fm office at ccr-fm.co.uk
Fri Sep 30 13:21:44 BST 2011

Dear All

Quite simple really .............. !     not difficult to understand if of
course one wants to understand it. It is all about people standing up and
being counted, saying it as a spade is a spade and getting it off your
chest.
All these ''folk''      Ministers / DCMS / Commercial Radio / PRS / PPL
etc etc have 'DOUBLE STANDARDS'         they want us to be little when it
suits and big when it suits.

If it means that we get something out of it then we are 'LITTLE'    if THEY
want something out of it ------- normally <MONEY>    then we are bigger  !

So         earning money and getting money in, we are worthless, but podding
it out, they want as much as they can get.

They may have fooled lots of people around the UK, but they ain't fooled me
and never have.

The Government don't want to give you owt' coz they see you as basically a
glorified hospital radio station to them, but don't have the balls to tell
you. I have fallen out with quite a few of these establishments over the
past 5 years, because I answer the question for them, and put the words in
their mouths. They don't like the truth.

And now to the point .............. unless the restrictions are removed and
we are permitted to 'flourish' not just as a community outfit but a touch
commercial or should I say more business like ..... we will always be the
poor mans relation. By being the poor mans relation we will always be
chasing our tales and we will always be knocked down and pushed to the back
of the line.

This chaps is not hard to understand.

I'm not moaning, I am merely making a point as I do on a regular occasion.
We (CCR) are tootling along and we have just been nominated for an award
basically revolving around the delivery of social gain ...... if we were
treated with a bit more respect from all those previously mentioned, we
would be able to deliver more.
I will say it again ....... IT IS NOT HOW WE EARN THE MONEY, IT IS WHAT WE
SPEND IT ON !

Some may think I'm off at a tangent again ..... NO I am not, as it is all
linked.

TA

:)

Nick