[cma-l] Streaming Advice needed

Eddie Stuart eddie at kcr.fm
Fri Oct 28 17:04:54 BST 2011

Ah - there should be the bandwidth then!

Next thought.....
Could BT be restricting / slowing traffic on certain ports, or even blocking streams totally?

We stream out of the studio (to Canstream) but I have also streamed in to an Icecast server to do remote broadcasting - but our ISP knows what we do

Eddie

On 28/10/2011 15:57, Gary Jackson wrote:
> On 28/10/2011 15:38, Eddie Stuart wrote:
>> Hi Gary,
>>
>> I would guess that its a bandwidth problem which is why we send 1 stream to Canstream and they stream to however many listeners.....
>>
>> Also, if you are on domestic broadband you probably have a contention ratio of 50:1 (as opposed to 10:1 for business) so you could theoretically be sharing your notional broadband rate with 49 other people. If they all upload big files at the same time, you will notice a big slowdown in your upload speed.
>>
>> Remember that your download speed is what ISPs quote you, your upload speed is almost certainly less......
>
> Thanks Eddie but I'm on BT Infinity. My upload speed is around 2-3 mbps
>
> Gary

---
KCR is the operating name of Keith Community Radio Ltd
KCR broadcasts to the whole of Moray & beyond on 102.8FM
and to the World at http://kcr.fm

---
Keith Community Radio Ltd - The Friendly Sound
Registered in Scotland No.SC173805
Registered Office: 59a Land Street, Keith, Banffshire, AB55 5AN