[cma-l] FW: free ads

Office - ccr-fm office at ccr-fm.co.uk
Mon Oct 24 21:12:16 BST 2011

Dear All

I sent this to Soo ready for tomorrow.

I'm not sure as to whether our wonderful chappies are aware but we are in a
rather bizarre situation as far as Ofcom are concerned, and some of you may
have had this experience yourselves.

Ofcom clearly state that they are not an 'advisory' institution. They are
regulators / referees ..... however, there is a slight issue here. Whilst
trying to hold a debate, make observations and indirectly invite 'advice'
the situation appears to have drawn a blank. Ofcom appear to have remained
'schtum'

So my conclusion is this :-       a number of things could happen

1)       Nothing

2)       Notification that all is in order and there are no problems

3)       Notification that rules have been breached

4)       The heavy mob turn up to turn off our transmitter

5)       The postman turns up with a fine

If nothing happens, are we to surmise that the rules allow for 'manouvre'
if we receive notification will we be told directly that we have broken the
Law, and of course how>??

Surely, the sensible thing to do would be to warn the mischief makers first
and to have the debate before the event and not after. This isn't a
criticism of Ofcom as I truly believe they are in a strange situation. This
is a new situation isn't it ?           or                  can they not do
anything until the local commercial chaps officially complain. In fact, the
best thing for us to do would be to ring them and tell them what we've done
and ask them to complain.

We have one problem ....... if we get a yellow card, we don't at the moment
have a Plan B ...... has anyone any suggestions apart from 'carry-on
regardless   :-(   oh dear.

No turning back now

I'll keep you posted .......         boing !   time for bed ! :-)

Nick

  _____