[cma-l] Local TV calls for Muxco rethink

Ian Hickling transplanfm at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 23 08:38:16 BST 2011

I'd like to point out that transmission equipment for local television in Band IV/V done on a stand-alone basis from a small local site is not particularly expensive - apart from possibly the currently-available encryption hardware.
The RF part is totally comparable with the standard systems and techniques we use at present for Community Radio in Band II.
Only if local TV broadcasters either choose or are forced to use existing TV transmission sites and structures do the costs become high - and probably prohibitive.

Ian Hickling
Partner
transplan UK