[cma-l] off-air

Office - ccr-fm office at ccr-fm.co.uk
Sat Oct 22 14:12:12 BST 2011

Soo

It's nice to be contacting you regarding something else other than
advertising nonsense   :-)     just to let you know that we have been having
problems this morning with our power supply to the Mill. The sub-station has
apparently gone belly up and there are emergency repairs needed to be done.

The whole business side of the Mill is being shutdown later this evening and
we won't be back up again until about 9:30am tomorrow morning. The residents
section is unaffected.

Unfortunately we don't want to be doing this, but we have no other option
when there is a power cut.

As always, I endeavour to play by the rules and keep you up to date and
notified at all times on things that could (hopefully not) affect our
licence. We will be off-air for about 8 hours.

With reference to the nonsense of the past week, I am aware that we are
slightly moving the goalposts (thru' no fault of our own), however, we
believe that if others move goalposts then we too have the right to do so
.... the 'advert' argument is now exhausted and tired and as I have pointed
out doing nothing for us is not an option. We have lost 19 supporters over
the past 12 months all because of the restrictions, we do not wish to lose
the remaining ones.

Giving them something for FREE may secure them. It is not guaranteed, but
worth a try. The advert (on-air) is not part of the original deals and has
no baring on the agreed off-air contracts.

Someone is going to have to be one hell of a good solicitor to prove
otherwise. I am / and we are ready for a scrap if the DCMS 'have a go'
we will fight for our award winning project and we refuse to be bullied. At
the end of the day, I believe this whole debacle boils down to exactly that
a form of ''bullying''

I do understand of course that you chaps are only doing a job and that the
DCMS have technically placed you as 'piggy-in-the-middle'

I know that you are a very busy person and to save you the time wasting,
there is no need for Ofcom to listen into Canalside in order to ''catch us
out''    I've done that for you .... the first adverts go out on Tuesday at
about 10am / 11am approx'

They are adhoc and last a duration of about 1 minute ....... in the main
there will be one an hour, however they are on rotation and could go out
twice an hour. BUT, because of our scheduler and the fact that these adhoc
ads are mixed in with the health and safety mentions, they may not get aired
for 2 hours, 3 maybe even 4. So, the rule of thumb is about 1 minute/1 ad
per-hour.

If the rules don't even allow this, then there are no words left really to
describe this ongoing DCMS Circus.

Have we got confirmation yet of the consultation meeting ?   because by
hell, I am going to let rip at someone !

Regards