[cma-l] DCMS consultation meetings on amendments to communityradiolaw

Office - ccr-fm office at ccr-fm.co.uk
Wed Oct 19 10:45:05 BST 2011

Ian, Roger n all

Thanks for the support and kind words ...... Regarding the meeting, there'd
be no flies on the wall, they'd all be sat on my head !   :-)

On a serious note ..... I did complain about the rules right from the
outset, but verbally to Ofcom and at CMA meetings. I had a rather
spectacular 'rant' as you say at the meeting in Openshawe when 300 gathered
and the Labour Minister  (can't remember her name - from Salford) was
confronted .... That was back in 2007/8 ...... I repeat, I didn't get to
carried away at first because in my wildest dreams I never thought that we
would still be talking about this tripe 4 years down the line. I truly
believe that the Government Ministers be them Labour / Liberal or Tory have
actually made themselves look stupid and incompetent. We've got this
coalition in power now complaining at every opportunity about what a mess
Labour made and yet what have they done regarding this ..... 18 months down
the line 'nowt'   and even though I respect very much the fact that Ed
Vaizey wrote to me personally via our local MP David Rutley, his rhetoric
regarding a number of issues was quite patronising ...... but at least he
replied and hats off to him for that.

The Labour chap     not 'Andy Burnham'    the one that followed him was
about as much use as a chocolate teapot !

This is a classic example of actions speak louder than words and we have
gone through the whole process. Now it's action stations.

1)       Observations and remarks

2)       Further observations

3)       Complaints

4)       Moaning

5)       More complaints, Observations and remarks

6)       Legal points and loopholes

7)       More complaints, more moaning, more whinging and some rants
HOPE !

8)       Disappointment

9)       Involvement of outside parties giving them information, a trail, a
history, and of course complaints

10)   Period ...... At least 3 years off and on

11)   Action

We are now at number 11, and the action is either as a group or by
ourselves, it appears as if it is by ourselves. That's fine, no prob's,
we've done nothing wrong. The restrictions will still remain for now, but we
will now go around them, over them, under them using the loopholes. Our
loopholes are excellent, because we have a trail, we have documents to prove
what our supporters have signed up for and it doesn't include ON-AIR PAID
ADVERTS                  so ...... we'll give em' away free !

And being the nice chappy that I am, I'll even via this message board give
the DCMS their arguments that they will use against us. Problem is, they are
going to fall flat on their faces as they have got nothing on us.

What we can't do is entice NEW sponsors / donors / supporters on the proviso
that they will get free adverts. This could be seen as a deliberate breaking
of the rules. However, if Herbert Bloggs the window cleaner happens to tell
Fred Goggins the butcher that he signed up for Package ? whatever ?
(Website / Flyers / Newsletter / assisting websites only)    and these
wonderful people at CCR sometimes 'adhoc' lob an advert in as well then
where's the problem ???

I accept that on this one there is a discrepancy, so for now, we will play
safe and NOT go down this route. We will stick to the absolute BOMBPROOF
guidelines that the regular ones who have stuck by us from the start on the
same package for the same price. If we wish to chuck in some FREE adverts
for them, then we will. We ain't even going to tell them ...... they will be
driving in their car one day and hear it ...... I will then possibly receive
a phone call and explain the situation.

My reckoning is that at least these people will like what we do and stick
with us .... In otherwords they will be bolted on.

So, we have turned a dire situation into a winning situation. We shouldn't
have to do this, but the authorities give us no other alternatives. A
shambolic way to treat voluntary sector people and people who work with
others with disabilities                              disgraceful !

The big mistake that we have made is that we should have done it 12 months
ago, because since October 2010 we have lost 19 sponsors            ALL
leaving us due to not being able to have an advert and adding to the
mountain of people who say this process is a mickey mouse process.

This evening, Heidi Reid and myself are going to Warrington to a disability
awards ceremony. I don't know whether we will win anything, but we have been
nominated for the work that we do with youngsters with disabilities. These
are youngsters with mental issues, youngsters with epilepsy (which I suffer
with)    so all this stress doesn't really help my situation and others who
simply are slow learners.

We are very proud of this .... ALL our money goes towards this work and
paying the bills ........ And what do the DCMS do ...... sod all !   that's
what, sod all !

And when the day comes when I do meet them                   TRUST ME, YOU
WON'T WANT TO BE A FLY ON THE WALL, coz I've got 4 years of angst bursting
to get out and the barrage will possibly last about 10 minutes. Better get
the Guiness Book of records on hand as well .. I may be added to the section
LONGEST RANT !

LOL

Keep smiling :-) If you didn't laugh, you'd cry.

I'm not a bad guy really, bark worse than the bite ..... Nontheless very
determined when up against clear injustices.

Nick

  _____