[cma-l] DCMS consultation meetings on amendments to community radio law

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Fri Oct 14 17:35:27 BST 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Gary Jackson <gary.jackson at skylinegold.co.uk>
To: CMA-L <cma-l at commedia.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 16:17:23 +0100

 On 14/10/2011 15:34, Alan Coote wrote:

 Hi Ian et al,

*In simple terms, Ofcom says "Tell us the Community you wish to cover - and
how you propose doing it.
If you look on Ofcom's published "TX Params", you'll see the stations that
have asked for and got much higher powers and sites. *

My direct experience is that this simply not true!

Ofcom hide behind what they have called a ‘Policy’ to  limit CR to 25 Watts
ERP. The restriction is real and affects many stations outside of remote
parts of Wales and Scotland. There are 21 stations which have great than 25W
ERP.

 For the rest of us, the 5km limit is arbitrary and a nonsense. It should be
removed.

++

Our experience is the same as Alan's. We had two people living well within
the 5km radius. Both wrote to support our application to Ofcom to increase
our signal because neither could receive us.

Our application was turned down flat

Gary