[cma-l] DCMS consultation on amendments to Community Radio Regulation.

Ian Hickling transplanfm at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 13 23:09:30 BST 2011

I didn't go as far as Royalties, because these aren't strictly statutory matters.
But - as you've brought up the subject - I tend to value Nick's theory that they should be paying us!
No - musicians are really getting the rough end of the stick, but PRS/MCPS/PPL are honestly an irresponsible and autonomous joke.
If we are to pay - then let's pay according to how many people listen to music we play for how long.
And let's have it embodied in Licence Fees - not assessed by a Quango.

Ian Hickling
Partner
transplan UK