[cma-l] 3D Helmet Invention let¹s you see through someone else¹s eyes

Phil Shepherd phil at somersetfilm.com
Sat Nov 26 11:28:33 GMT 2011

Josh Randall, a 23 year old freelance filmmaker from Somerset is soon to be
exhibiting an extraordinary new invention at the Bridgwater Engine Room.

Josh¹s free exhibition will be open for anyone and everyone to walk in and
become a guinea pig for his invention ­ described as ³a stereophonic headset
using binaural audio with 3D HD cameras and LCD goggles allowing capture and
display in one!²

Essentially, this will be a point of view camera to allow you to see through
someone else¹s eyes!

The exhibition will take place at the Engine Room media centre in Bridgwater
over Monday 5th, Wednesday 7th and Thursday 8th of December.  The hours will
be 10am till 4pm, admission free.

Josh explains, ³I have grown up with a fascination for storytelling, from
conversation, books, comics, films, radio. It¹s the way we relate to each
other and share our experiences.²

³Films like ŒBeing John Malkovich¹ and ŒEnter the Void¹ inspired me where we
go inside a characters head. I hope that this prototype will be a new way of
relating to different perspectives and I am looking forward to testing out
people¹s reactions to it²

Josh¹s show has been made possible through a Reveal Innovation Award. This
is an annual bursary for a visual artist to develop new digital work curated
by the Reveal partners ­ Brewhouse Visual Arts, Somerset Art Works and
Somerset Film ­ with support from Arts Council England.

So come along and check it out and follow Josh¹s blog on
www.1stpersontech.wordpress.com <http://www.1stpersontech.wordpress.com/>
to see it in the makingŠ