[cma-l] Forward Motion in Somerset

Phil Shepherd phil at somersetfilm.com
Fri Nov 18 20:49:29 GMT 2011

Here is the line-up for Somerset Film's  annual Forward Motion festival at
the Bridgwater Engine Room.

Forward Motion is when we invite guest speakers from the world of film and
TV to talk about their practice and so inform and enhance our own work here
in Somerset.

All events are free - advanced booking recommended - and will be streamed
live on www.somersetfilm.com

*****
Thursday | 24 November

Introduction To Directing
for 19-25 year olds

Gain the confidence to make your own Olympic and Paralympic
inspired film for the Film Nation Shorts competition.

*****
Friday 25 November

Introduction to TV Production
for 14 ­18 year olds

Guest Executive Producer and former Deputy Head
of Granada Wild, Andrew Buchanan will set our
challenge for the day: to make content for Somerset
TV, the soon to be launched online TV station.

*****
Saturday | 26 November

10am 3D Television
with Neil Richards

Founder and director of Somerset based
Digital Film Company Neil Richards introduces
us to the basics of stereo 3D viewing; the
technology behind the cameras; tools for editing
3D films and the different options for viewing the
results on large and small screens.

11am Documentary Feature Film Production

with James Dean of Level Films

Director James Dean (and former Engine Room
bursary) will talk about their fantastic new
documentary feature film ŒThe Endless Winter¹
which tells the history of British surfing from the
viewpoint of some of our leading surfers.

12pm Feature Film Script-writing
with Richard Addison
Whether you are writing a short or a feature,
Richard will draw on his own successful career to
guide you through the essential
elements to creating a successful script.

1pm Somerset Media Hub -  Somerset
TV Launch and working lunch

Somerset.yourlocal.tv is a brand new online TV
channel for Somerset. It will be free to view and
free to upload content. Join us for a working
lunch and help bring it alive.

2pm ­ 4pm ŒBest of the South West¹ Junction

A chance for film societies to watch some of the
best short films and meet the makers

A chance for film societies to watch some of the
best short films made in the South West and to
meet the filmmakers behind them.

 *****
Lots more information at www.somersetfilm.com
or phone the Engine Room on 01278 433187

philshep.wordpress.com